Pop N Scream
Built by Aaron Uhrmacher and Steve Aquillano
Pop N Scream is a fun circus like game where participants use their mobile phones to pop balloons.
It’s loud! It’s fun! In Pop N Scream, users compete against each other by making sounds into their phones to keep their respective balloons from popping on the ceiling. As the players attempt to match the volume pattern generated by the computer, observers watch the balloons rise and fall in a virtual tug-of-war, until one player’s balloon finally POPS!
- Two users step up and dial the respective numbers on the Pop N Scream display.
- Once connected, each player can watch how his/her voice reacts to the light meter.
- When the game starts, players try to match the volume of their voice to the middle light bar, which is generated by the computer.
- The computer checks to see how many seconds each user has hit the correct volume level. Whoever is correct the most times in a given period will see their balloon move downward while their competitor’s balloon rises towards the ceiling.
- The object of the game is to keep the balloon from rising too high and getting popped.
- Pop N Scream is built using java as well as proprietary interactive phone service software developed and graciously shared by MegaPhone Labs.